Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Rodriguez and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Rodriguez and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Medify Air-X filtration technology in every operatory, the latest in medical grade air filtration devices. These devices have been certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB). They capture 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns. Each unit has three separate high quality medical grade true HEPA H13 filters. The devices have built-in particle sensors which alert the system and automatically change the speed of filtration as work progresses to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and checked weekly through an outside service, using a biological indicator.
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Disposable materials
- Our digital x-ray machines are registered with the State Department of Public Health in Sacramento, CA. Our system is state of the art and the radiation exposure levels are monitored by Mirion Dosimeters, for the safety of our patients and staff.
- We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.